Re: What is Microsoft's intent with XDR vis--vis W3C? [Was: Re: IE Team's Proposal for Cross Site Requests]

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 13:46:03 +0900
To: "Close, Tyler J." <tyler.close@hp.com>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Eric Lawrence <ericlaw@exchange.microsoft.com>, Sunava Dutta <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>, "public-appformats@w3.org" <public-appformats@w3.org>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, Zhenbin Xu <zhenbinx@windows.microsoft.com>, Gideon Cohn <gidco@windows.microsoft.com>, Sharath Udupa <Sharath.Udupa@microsoft.com>, Doug Stamper <dstamper@exchange.microsoft.com>, Marc Silbey <marcsil@windows.microsoft.com>, David Ross <dross@windows.microsoft.com>, Nikhil Kothari <nikhilko@microsoft.com>
"Close, Tyler J." <tyler.close@hp.com>, 2008-04-02 23:52 +0000:

> I think the AC4CSR spec is a goner, and so appreciate Microsoft
> stepping up with a proposal that seems more likely to survive
> study and deployment. Given the Mozilla announcement, now seems
> like the right time to move on from the AC4CSR proposal.

Speaking as the W3C team contact for the space in which this work
is being done, I want to note that the decision about how to
progress with the Access Control spec rests with the chair and
members of the working group who have invested many months now in
having active, open, public discussion around it and the use cases
and requirements underlying it.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith