Re: [Element Traversal LC] access to element by index

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:39:29 -0700
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

>> If we're not 100% compatible with SVG, why would they oppose an
>> improvement like the suggested one?
>
> Content that uses childElements[...] would not function correctly
> in SVG Tiny 1.2 implementations for no particularily good reason.

I'm not following this argument at all. Neither would content that uses
.globalStorage, .forms, .querySelector or anything else that's not in
the SVG Tiny spec.

We're trying to make a new API here, of course content that uses that
API isn't going to work in implementations that don't support it.

/ Jonas