[XHR] Test cases

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 03:45:45 +0200
To: "public-webapi@w3.org" <public-webapi@w3.org>

I found
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequestTestSuite/
which contains three tests, AFAICT.

The test cases use ActiveX for IE. The spec doesn't say anything about
ActiveX. An implementation that only supports xhr via ActiveX is not
conforming, so the test cases shouldn't use it.

Why are the tests in different "host formats"? Is there any difference
between HTML and SVG in this regard, for instance? Or is it because some
implementation is expected to support SVG but not HTML (or similar)? If
not, isn't only HTML enough?

Presumingly three test cases is not enough to cover all conformance
criteria that apply to UAs. Thus, I want to contribute with test cases as
part of my review of xhr that I planned to do this weekend. The existing
test cases in publish/ seem to be generated from source/, correct? How can
I do the same? Or should I just do my own test cases?

Regards,
--
Simon Pieters