Re: [selectors-api] The Naming Debate

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:38:06 -0400
To: Jean-Yves Bitterlich <Jean-Yves.Bitterlich@Sun.COM>
Cc: public-webapi <public-webapi@w3.org>, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>

Hi, Jean-Yves-

Jean-Yves Bitterlich wrote:

> We find it unfortunate that past resolutions within the working group are being
> invalidated (unless of course there are new evidences/information that justify
> this act) in particular because this behavior leads to rehashing issues instead
> of moving forward.

I could not agree more with this sentiment.  I know of no reason this
issue should have been reopened, since there was no new evidence.  But
ultimately, it is not that important, which makes it all the more
frustrating that it was reopened and effort was wasted.

> However, and for the sake of progress, we will go along with the new decision
> taken in consensus by the WebAPI WG.

That's very gracious of you.  It's important that we use consensus to
move forward, rather than to block progress.

Regards-
-Doug