Re: Proposal: getElementsBySelector()

On Jan 28, 2007, at 12:11 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Given the input from Björn I suppose there's no real need for a
> method that returns a single element node (assuming implementations
> make that optimization). Given that, I propose we rename .getAll()
> to .getElementsBySelector() and drop .get() (on both Document and
> Element).

Even with Björn's suggestion, the plural version still allocates and
destroys the collection object that you don't need if you are getting
a single version. Also it's more awkward to use in the case where you
want a single item. I admit though that if the name ends up being
longer than getElementById as currently proposed, it's less likely
authors would use it in place gEBI.