Re: Progress event spec

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:54:51 -0600
To: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
CC: Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>

Jim Ley wrote:
> up to 54ms is used by other browser vendors in similar situations

I'd be interested in further information on this.  We (Mozilla) found
that using anything bigger than 10ms (due to a problem in the timer impl
we were doing 16ms for a while) led to a lot of angst on the part of
people doing DHTML animations and lots of "performance" bugs filed.
What commonly used UAs do 54ms, and in what circumstances?

-Boris