Re: Progress event spec

"Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
> Jim Ley wrote:
>> up to 54ms is used by other browser vendors in similar situations
>
> I'd be interested in further information on this.  We (Mozilla) found that
> using anything bigger than 10ms (due to a problem in the timer impl we
> were doing 16ms for a while) led to a lot of angst on the part of people
> doing DHTML animations and lots of "performance" bugs filed. What commonly
> used UAs do 54ms, and in what circumstances?

The windows API Timer in Windows 98 generation OS's was 54ms based (against
the 16ms as described in the bugzilla data) so any browser including IE up
to 6 at least (not looked at 7 it's too unusable for me) and IIRC NN4 and
Opera had the limitation, so it wasn't browser but underlying OS.

Cheers,

Jim.