Re: Selectors API naming

On Jan 25, 2007, at 10:26 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> So the WG just discussed in a little over an hour a counter
> proposal to the current naming[1] and came up with:
>
>  * getElementBySelectors()
>  * getElementListBySelectors()
>
> I don't really like them. Supposedly I'm to edit the draft to
> reflect this...

These are all three of incredibly long, inconsistent with the naming
of current get-family methods (there's nothing named
getElementListBy...), and somewhat unclear about what the method
really does (sounds like "Selectors" would mean you give it an array
of selectors or otherwise pass more than one).

Congratulations, design by committee has once again failed to meet
anyone's requirements (in other words, I object to these names).