Re: Selectors API naming

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 06:34:28 -0500, Simon Pieters <zcorpan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Please note though that Robert typoed the method name. Aditionally, I
> typoed it too

Sure. You also made a typo with Additionally, above.

> ...and that typo really wasn't intentional just to prove a point. It is
> easily typoed and I think that is a serious problem.

Our judgement was based on the fact that in general people who are prone to
typos debug them, or use a tool to avoid making such problems.

The reason for GetElementListBySelectors and not getElementsBySelectors
was to
make it moderately clear and give people a better chance of debugging
quickly.

We can't satisfy everyone in this issue since there is a classic
big-endian /
small-endian disagreement. I don't think any of the sensible arguments
haven't
been made (and there are probably some others that have as well).

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com Try Opera 9.1 http://opera.com