Re: Selectors API updates

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:04:29 +0100
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>These names are short, don't clash with autocomplete and provide a
>superset of the functionality given by the other get* methods.

As an aside, there are about 30 different get... methods on Element
and/or Document nodes in DOM Core, SVG, "HTML5", and your work CSS
OM draft, none of which have anything to do with CSS queries.

>When that last issue is resolved I think the specification is ready for
>Last Call (again).

The addition of the methods on Element objects is a substantive
change and Last Calls should not include substantive changes from
their previous draft. I therefore think we should publish a normal
draft with these changes first.