Re: Selectors API updates

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:06:20 +0100
Cc: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>

On Jan 09, 2007, at 23:08, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I updated the Selectors API specification today and added
> equivalent methods for element nodes. It didn't make much sense to
> me to postpone this.
>
> I resolved the naming debate by going for:
>
> * Document.get()
> * Document.getAll()
> * Element.get()
> * Element.getAll()
>
> These names are short, don't clash with autocomplete and provide a
> superset of the functionality given by the other get* methods.

Sorry, I don't wish to reopen the naming debate, but these really
don't strike me as the ones closest to consensus (aside from being
dreadful picks). I think there are a bunch of names that people don't
like but can live with, these are just pure nonsense. I certainly
know that while I would have dropped the ball on any number of bad
options, if these stay in the draft I will request formal objection
from my AC Rep.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/
In which level of metalanguage are you now speaking?