Re: [XHR] how to catch SECURITY_ERR on XMLHttpRequest.open()?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:16:49 +0200
To: "Alexey Proskuryakov" <ap-carbon@rambler.ru>, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, public-webapi@w3.org

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:01:12 +0200, Alexey Proskuryakov
<ap-carbon@rambler.ru> wrote:
>> I'd like an example of how to catch this exception.
>
>   FWIW, WebKit trunk doesn't raise this exception yet, opting for a
> temporary XMLHttpRequestException code. My feeling is that
> interoperability in this area will take a while to achieve.

I think there's general agreement that it should take ExceptionCode 18 on
DOMException. You should be able to catch it as follows, fwiw:

   try {
   } catch(e) {
     switch(e.code) {
       case e.SECURITY_ERR:
     }
   }

if I haven't mixed up the syntax of the switch case construct in some way.