Re: [XHR] how to catch SECURITY_ERR on XMLHttpRequest.open()?

From: Alexey Proskuryakov <ap-carbon@rambler.ru>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:01:12 +0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, <public-webapi@w3.org>

On 8/14/07 9:21 PM, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org> wrote:

> What's a SECURITY_ERR?
>
> "If stored url is non same-origin the user agent should raise a
> SECURITY_ERR exception and terminate these steps."
>  -- http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-XMLHttpRequest-20070618/
>
> I don't see it listed as a code under XMLHttpRequestException.

  The expectation is that it will be defined in a revision to DOM Core:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2006May/0027.html>.

> I'd like an example of how to catch this exception.

  FWIW, WebKit trunk doesn't raise this exception yet, opting for a
temporary XMLHttpRequestException code. My feeling is that interoperability
in this area will take a while to achieve.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov