Re: [XHR] make implicit reference to HTML character encoding spec explicit

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:41:12 +0200, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Does your schedule include waiting for HTML 5?
> I can't find a roadmap/schedule from http://www.w3.org/2006/webapi/ .

I'm not sure. The schedule presumably does include waiting for
interoperable implementations which means we either make this an
informative note or refer to HTML 5 and wait for that.

> I wonder if we could break out the character encoding
> stuff from HTML 5 into a separate spec.

As it stands now it is tightly integrated with HTML tokenizing at least
(also in implementations) which would make that tricky given that that in
turn depends on script execution.

Overall, I agree that the next draft should probably be more clear on this
issue. It's not entirely clear to me yet what to do.