[XHR] make implicit reference to HTML character encoding spec explicit

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:41:12 -0500
To: public-webapi <public-webapi@w3.org>

I see...

"If there is a Content-Type header contains a text/html MIME type follow
the rules set forth in the HTML specification to determine the character
encoding. Let charset be the determined character encoding."
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-XMLHttpRequest-20070618/

but I don't see the HTML spec in

I suggest giving a specific section reference for
"rules set forth in the HTML specification to determine the character

I don't think the HTML 1/2/3/4 specs have any such rules,
so I gather you mean to refer to the HTML 5 spec.

In the current editor's draft, I suppose that's... Specifying the document's character encoding

Does your schedule include waiting for HTML 5?
I can't find a roadmap/schedule from http://www.w3.org/2006/webapi/ .

I wonder if we could break out the character encoding
stuff from HTML 5 into a separate spec.