Re: Multiple Open of the XMLHttpRequest object

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:43:07 +0200, Denis Sureau <dgsureau@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Thanks, if I have understood, "multiple requests with a same object" is
> not possible due to the browser, and this doesn't need to be in the
> specification?

It's not possible per the specification.

> If we want chain open calls, or just iteratively alternate GET and POST,
> do we have to add something to the specification?

I've no idea what you mean by this.

> This was the issue
> that was opened in the last working draft,

I explained the issue quite clearly in a previous e-mail.

> I believe:
>
> while( ...)
>
>    open("POST" ...
>    send(data)       // some data from forms
>    open("GET"...
>    send(null)     // get the answer from the server, and loop

This might be issue I described, althoug the comments seem to indicate
otherwise and the "..." make it unclear as well...

> If we can just perform a GET or a POST the object is rather limited.

What are you talking about? Have you actually played with this in browsers?