Re: Multiple Open of the XMLHttpRequest object

From: Denis Sureau <dgsureau@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:43:07 +0200
To: public-webapi@w3.org

Thanks, if I have understood, "multiple requests with a same object" is
not possible due to the browser, and this doesn't need to be in the
specification?

If we want chain open calls, or just iteratively alternate GET and POST,
do we have to add something to the specification? This was the issue
that was opened in the last working draft, I believe:

while( ...)

   open("POST" ...
   send(data)       // some data from forms
   open("GET"...
   send(null)     // get the answer from the server, and loop

If we can just perform a GET or a POST the object is rather limited.

 Regards.
 Denis Sureau