Re: typing of drag/drop objects in clipboard

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 01:16:02 +0200, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org> wrote:

> There is a lot of architecture in the clipboard.

Yes

> I think it is important that the WebAPI clipboard is very web
> architecture compatible.

Yes, but as Paul said, our initial goal is to makle something that
reflects what people can actually use. If we succeed in that, (and our
other large task list) then it would be worthwhile looking at something
smarter for the future.

> Desktop clipboards, like HTTP, have concepts of type negotiation.

Yup, but they are pretty minimal as far as I can tell.

> It would logical to make the clipboard type in WebAPI carry content-type
> [and later negotiate it].

Indeed. But not for a first version, if we ever want to get something
through CR that is useful to people designing for the real Web.

cheers, and thanks for your comments

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com