Re: Wrapped implementations of XHR in script

"Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:31:37 +0200, Gorm Haug Eriksen <gormer@opera.com>
> wrote:
>> I think Allamarajus issue is valid. Having closely tied browser
>> specifications that are not implementable in the browser is questionable.
>
> What do you mean with this?

It's a popular strategy to implement new the new APIs by virtue of using
older ones in JS libaries so the scripter only writes to the new API but
still has it working in old user agents.  I'm not sure if it's particularly
important that these shims are conformant to the specification though, as
they are internal to the use so interopability is not helped a great deal.

I'm sympathetic to both views, it's certainly a very valid and real issue.

Cheers,

Jim.