Re: Do we really need for an history section?

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:08:02 +0900, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:36:22 +0200, sureau denis <dgsureau@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> There is a lot of such histories around, and they
>> are far more complete that this one. Seems not really
>> useful in a specification.
>
> I don't really recall anyone requesting it. I think it was originally in
> the introduction Dean wrote and then moved to its own section based on a
> comment from Karl (iirc). I don't really feel strong about keeping this
> section. Anyone?

They can be useful, if they record the ideas that led to changes, and can
explain what things we have already decided and don't want to discuss
again. I leave it to the editor, given the discussion tends to be in
public.

cheers

Chaals (the historian...)

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com