Re: in defence of listener discovery (ISSUE-32, ACTION-84)

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:51:03 +0100
To: "WebAPI WG" <public-webapi@w3.org>, <wai-liaison@w3.org>

"Al Gilman" <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
> If Jim Ley's tactic is already available to malware, aren't we closing the
> barn door
> after the horse is gone, if we deny this functionality to the AT programs?

There's a difference - in my technique you change the JS exposed method to
detect only author issued ones - other event listeners are not caught by the
method so are either using an internal aEL or are all done before I have the
opportunity to override the method (I can't tell which, but that's from
testing)  I can catch all author produced one though.

Cheers,

Jim.