Re: DOM Views confusion

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:43:04 +1100
To: public-webapi@w3.org

Maciej Stachowiak:
> Yes, that's it exactly. Do you think anything needs to be added to
> any spec to make this more clear?

Some words in DOM 2 Style to that effect may be useful.  The sentence

  The expectation is that an instance of the ViewCSS interface can be
  obtained by using binding-specific casting methods on an instance of
  the AbstractView interface.

to me sounded like that you need to downcast from an AbstractView to a
ViewCSS, which is a whole view in itself, rather than "crosscasting" to
an interface that this view also happens to implement.  I inferred this
from the fact that ViewCSS inherits from AbstractView, and the sentence

  This interface represents a CSS view.

which certainly makes it sound like it is a view unto itself, and not
just an interface for getting some extra information from an existing
view.

Thanks,

Cameron

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au