Re: Design of the Window test suite (was Re: Window 1.0 test suite)

On Mar 20, 2006, at 3:15 PM, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak:
>> shouldBeFalse("typeof window == 'null'");
>
> The typeof operator never returns "null".  (Actually it could, since
> applying typeof to a host object could return any string, but I guess
> that's unlikely.)  Maybe this should be:
>
>   shouldBeFalse("window === null");

Wow, good catch. I totally forgot that typeof null is "object". Would
you care to send a patch against the test suite to fix this?

Instructions on getting an anoncvs checkout are at http://dev.w3.org/
cvsweb/ , the module you want is 2006/webapi/WindowTestSuite

Or if not, I can fix it.

If you do send a patch, a ChangeLog entry would be appreciated.