Re: Safe copy and paste with scripts

Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> That can only be avoided by using explicit actions such as "copy
>> text" which would avoid the possibly good value the element would
>> make as copy.
> I don't want to add a 'copy text' menu item next to every 'copy' item
> in firefox. First of all it clutters the UI, second, users won't know
> when to use which.
Jonas,

I agree it clutters the UI the same as spam pollutes email and dirt
web-sites pollute the web or SSL adds a layer of unnecessary complexity
to connections (even to users)... there's not enough dirt to discourage
us and our users though!

I bet that most will never need the only "copy text" menu-item in the
edit menu.
As to notice... well... they will notice when they paste that the copied
text is just wrong! Or they don't care about the content they just pasted...

You seem to be suspecting the most evil sites to make such things as mix
words in the copy... I don't agree with this pessimism.

paul