RE: NSResolver Re: Selectors API naming

So even a quirksmode document is in the xhtml namespace?

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne van Kesteren [mailto:annevk@opera.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:15 PM
To: Chris Wilson; Charles McCathieNevile; Dave Massy; Web API WG (public)
Cc: Tina Duff
Subject: Re: NSResolver Re: Selectors API naming

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:09:46 +0100, Chris Wilson
<Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Sorry.  I should be saying "what namespace URI is an HTML document in?"

As I said before, currently implementations set the namespaceURI attribute
of elements to null for documents parsed with an HTML parser. The HTML5
proposal says that it should be http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml instead.

For the purposes of CSS elements from documents parsed with an HTML parser
are already in the http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml namespace in Opera,
Mozilla and I think Safari too. It would only make sense if this was done
for the DOM too.