Re: NSResolver Re: Selectors API naming

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:15:09 +0100
To: "Chris Wilson" <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>, "Dave Massy" <dave.massy@microsoft.com>, "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>
Cc: "Tina Duff" <tinad@microsoft.com>

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:09:46 +0100, Chris Wilson
<Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Sorry.  I should be saying "what namespace URI is an HTML document in?"

As I said before, currently implementations set the namespaceURI attribute
of elements to null for documents parsed with an HTML parser. The HTML5
proposal says that it should be http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml instead.

For the purposes of CSS elements from documents parsed with an HTML parser
are already in the http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml namespace in Opera,
Mozilla and I think Safari too. It would only make sense if this was done
for the DOM too.