From: Anne van Kesteren [mailto:annevk@opera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 8:44 AM
To: Dave Massy; Charles McCathieNevile; Web API WG
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Selectors API

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:39:24 +0100, Dave Massy <Dave.Massy@microsoft.com>
wrote:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:38:59 +0100, Dave Massy <Dave.Massy@microsoft.com>
wrote:
> We're concerned that such a generic name implies other things and in our
> experience a specific name even if it is longer is better for
> developers. Can we make this feel more in line with the DOM API?

So you're proposing we instead use:

   getElementByGroupOfSelectors()
   getElementsByGroupOfSelectors()

? I don't like that at all.

> It's not clear how the static Selector object works out in Javascript
> code. Can we put together an example?

The specification is full of examples. What do you mean exactly? I think
the "Selector" object is such is only relevant when you try to do
Selector.prototype or something...

By the way, it would be much better if this was discussed on
public-webapi@w3.org so developers following that list can give input as
well.