Re: ISSUE-75: Is method case-sensitive?

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 01:15:19 +0200
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>

On Apr 20, 2006, at 23:42, Mark Baker wrote:
> I'm not aware of any HTTP extension methods which use a lower case
> character, so why not make "method" case-insensitive, but prescribe
> that it be converted to upper case in the HTTP message?

A few years back I implemented the server-side of an HTTP based
protocol that was heavy on camel-case methods, and I know I just
tested for string equality. I don't know what they used for requests,
but I believe the app is still running, and I wouldn't be surprised
if they tried to talk to it through XHR. Sure it's an easy fix in
that case, I don't know how widespread that sort of thing may be, and
I don't necessarily believe it was the nicest design, but I would
certainly like to avoid such munging if at all possible.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist