DOM3EV: Which events are fired for name mutations

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:31:59 +1000
To: public-webapi@w3.org

Which mutation events, if any, are fired when renameNode is called?  I
misread DOM 3 Core in a previous mail, so now I am (again) not sure what
should be done.  This is especially so since renameNode might just
change the name stored in the node, or might fall back to replacing the
node with a new one, after copying over all of its relevant attributes.

Two options:

  1. never send the individual mutation events (and hope that the
     implementation does support the MutationNameEvents feature), or

  2. send the individual mutation events only if renameNode falls back
     to node replacement.

I'm not sure that I have a preference, but (2) is easier to implement.

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au