Re: DOM3EV: Editorial comments

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:14:41 +0200
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>

On Apr 20, 2006, at 01:57, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> If an implementation of the interface does not have the handleEvent
> method, then I don't think it's an implementation of that
> interface.  If
> on* attributes and ES Function objects are mapped to EventListener
> objects behind the scenes (even just conceptually) then it would be OK
> just to refer to the EventListener interface here.

It's the other way around in fact, the EventListener is mapped to
Function (and currently, not give a handleEvent member, though I
think it would be better to have one pointing back to the object
itself, for compatibility with at least ASV and possibly other SVG UAs).

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist