Re: DOM3EV: Editorial comments

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:14:41 +0200
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>

On Apr 20, 2006, at 01:57, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> If an implementation of the interface does not have the handleEvent
> method, then I don't think it's an implementation of that
> interface.  If
> on* attributes and ES Function objects are mapped to EventListener
> objects behind the scenes (even just conceptually) then it would be OK
> just to refer to the EventListener interface here.

It's the other way around in fact, the EventListener is mapped to
Function (and currently, not give a handleEvent member, though I
think it would be better to have one pointing back to the object
itself, for compatibility with at least ASV and possibly other SVG UAs).

Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist
    Expway, http://expway.com/