Re: DOM3EV: Which events are fired for name mutations

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:47:15 +0200
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>

On Apr 20, 2006, at 02:31, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Two options:
>   1. never send the individual mutation events (and hope that the
>      implementation does support the MutationNameEvents feature), or
>   2. send the individual mutation events only if renameNode falls back
>      to node replacement.
> I'm not sure that I have a preference, but (2) is easier to implement.

As an author I would much prefer (1), as it means consistency. Option
2 is also a bunch of events, remove element, add element, set
attributes (the two latter stages being having invertible orders,
which has different effects on bubbling, etc.).

Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist
    Expway, http://expway.com/