Re: DOM3EV: Which events are fired for name mutations

On Apr 20, 2006, at 02:31, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Two options:
>
>   1. never send the individual mutation events (and hope that the
>      implementation does support the MutationNameEvents feature), or
>
>   2. send the individual mutation events only if renameNode falls back
>      to node replacement.
>
> I'm not sure that I have a preference, but (2) is easier to implement.

As an author I would much prefer (1), as it means consistency. Option
2 is also a bunch of events, remove element, add element, set
attributes (the two latter stages being having invertible orders,
which has different effects on bubbling, etc.).

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist