[comment] XMLHttpRequest Object - WHAT WG in Introduction section

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:45:50 +0900
To: public-webapi@w3.org

Hi,

This is a QA Review comment for "The XMLHttpRequest Object"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-XMLHttpRequest-20060405/
Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:02:33 GMT
First WD

[[[
This specification was originally derived from the WHAT WG's Web
Applications 1.0 document. The authors acknowledge the work of the
WHAT WG in documenting existing behavior.
]]]
-- The XMLHttpRequest Object
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-XMLHttpRequest-20060405/#introduction
Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:02:33 GMT

I may be wrong but it seems the first part of the story is missing in
the introduction as in it seems that the API has been originally
developed by Microsoft as it is mentionned[1] in many places. I'm not
sure it will be seen positively if we omit this in the document. I
would then add a mention about this too along WHAT WG work.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMLHttpRequest#History_and_support

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***