[comment] XMLHttpRequest Object - no interoperable implementations

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:45:39 +0900
To: public-webapi@w3.org

This is a QA Review comment for "The XMLHttpRequest Object"
Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:02:33 GMT
First WD

In the case where there is a feature with no interoperable
implementations, the authors have specified what they believe to be
the most correct behavior.
-- The XMLHttpRequest Object
Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:02:33 GMT

The specification is here to set what is the correct behavior for the
technology. Certainly there will be problems of interoperability,
because of the history of the development.  But I believe that a
complete Test Suite should help to solve these issues by "showing,
don't tell" what is the correct behavior". I would suggest to
suppress "most" in the sentence and "believe". The sentence contains
also a prose which might be obsolete after a few years as it is only
valid now.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***