Re: ISSUE-72: should XMLHttpRequest be an EventTarget?

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 23:54:51 +0200
Cc: Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>

On Apr 09, 2006, at 15:27, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> So what type should we put in the IDL that works for both
> ECMAScript and Java? (or do you have a link to where someone
> already explained it?)

It's all done at the binding level, so I'm not sure it's a solution
that IDL-based implementations like Mozilla would like. Just look at
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Events/ecma-script-binding.html,
where it says: "Object EventListener: This is an ECMAScript function
reference" (the second bound interface). And handleEvent is not exposed.

So supposedly, if we are to be consistent with DOM Events, all
objects of type EventListener are expected to be bound to Function
anyway (though I would prefer to expose handleEvent on it).

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist