Re: ISSUE-72: should XMLHttpRequest be an EventTarget?

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 19:15:01 -0700
To: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Cc: Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>

> It's all done at the binding level, so I'm not sure it's a solution
> that IDL-based implementations like Mozilla would like. Just look at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Events/ecma-script-binding.html,  where
> it says: "Object EventListener: This is an ECMAScript function
> reference" (the second bound interface). And handleEvent is not exposed.

This still means that the attribute or argument is defined as an
EventListener though, so it works for idl languages too.

However, that sentence doesn't mean that all Function objects are
EventListeners and the other way around. It just means that when a
Function can be treated as an EventListener object. They are still
Function objects though.

/ Jonas