Re: XHR timeout and browsing context destruction

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:31:27 +0200
To: St├ęphane Sire <sire@intuilab.com>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:33:12 +0200, St├ęphane Sire <sire@intuilab.com>
> - nothing is said about how to create/manage timeout; I guess the idea
> is to use the external timer API (for instance in Window object) and
> then use cancel to end a timed out request...

Yeah. There's been no existing functionality with timers specifically on
XMLHttpRequest. I do believe Gorm had some suggestions for that though
based on existing "AJAX" libraries but that's likely XHR 2.0 work.

> - what happens if the browsing context is destroyed, is the request
> canceled or not ? is the onreadystatechange function called ?

I guess that equals to calling abort() although it's not said explitly in
the specification... Should we say something about it? Can it be tested in

Anne van Kesteren