Re: Why a license deal is ONLY good for Microsoft

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Nicholas Chase wrote:

> Now, I hate to say this, because I'm not, in the grand scheme of
> things, a Microsoft supporter, but I'm GLAD they're pulling the
> plug on plug-ins.  Let Eolas and U of C have their money, but I
> don't want to continue to pay blood money to Eolas for something
> that somebody else did 17 months before they filed their paperwork.
>
> And maybe, just maybe, Congress will wake up to how STUPID software
> patents are.

Microsoft cannot afford to question software patents in general (or this
patent specifically) because it undermines one of the basic forces they
rely on.

I wonder how the US will ever get rid of software patents, since a lot of
companies invested in it and maybe even rely on it. It's one of those
things once brought to life, unable to kill.

--   dag wieers,  dag@wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --