Re: Prior Art

Hi Richard,    Just wanted to make a comment about this:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms@computerbytesman.com>
To: <public-web-plugins@w3.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 3:29 PM
Subject: RE: Prior Art

> Presumably Microsoft has already done an extensive prior art search.  I
> wonder what their results have been......

Yes, you would think so, however, Microsoft has never been in the BBS market
(yes and no, more below).  In fact, they still classify us as a "home
market" product which is fine by me, when in fact, we are the among the top,
if not the #1 BBS/intranet system in the Medical, Health, Collections,
Claims, Payroll market  - anywhere there they corporations still believe
that a dialup system is more secure than the INTERNET.  In fact,  for the
majority, it (dialup) is the exception to the HIPAA rule if not using the
internet.   As they migrate, our client/server system covers them.

In any case, yes,  I am curious to find out prior art Microsoft used as a
defense.  I am leaning to the idea that they could care less about prior art
and possibly tried to negotiate a deal that didn't fall well for both
parties and Microsoft,  known to put TIME, MONEY  and more importantly
market presence pressure, thought the other party would eventually give in.

So ponder the expression,  "Screw Microsoft!"   In my book,  I'm more
concern about how I can continue using silly old technology used WELL before
Microsoft and that other party used it!

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.