Re: Prior Art

HI Richard,

Let me ask you, does this patent (or software patents in general) cover just
the platform or the specific client technology claimed.  It specifically
mentioned browsers.   But will it cover GUI clients that are not exclusive
to browser activity and offers the similar technology?

Like I said, the idea of "hitting a tag" regardless of the language, to
install,  load and  activate a process on a remote client machine has been
around since the 80s.   Security issues restricted its progress until
Microsoft opened Pandora's box with OLE.

If the patent is broad and encapsulates all products and systems regardless
of platform, server software or client software, then there is a conflict
for many existing systems, old or new.  From my standpoint,  an opportunity
to present prior art is prudent.

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.