Re: Potential Partial Solution

From: Jake Robb <jakerobb@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:07:45 -0400
To: W3C Public Web Plugins List <public-web-plugins@w3.org>

Scott Cadillac wrote:

> But nobody is legally forcing rulings on Web Developers like me - what we if
> we just don't change our code in protest?
>
> MSIE has the biggest market share - so the web would be broken, forcing many
> people to NOT download the newest Browsers. Would this potentially
> circumvent the ruling?

As wonderful as this sounds, many websites are profit-seeking ventures, and
I'm betting that most management bodies will tell their web developers to
"screw making a statement and get our website online!"

Also, there are way too many people out there that don't listen to us -- it
couldn't possibly be an effective boycott.

That said, I love the idea.

-Jake