Re: "Packing on the Web" -- performance use cases / implications

On 21 January 2015 at 10:54, Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@google.com> wrote:
> I believe this is still satisfied. The browser (and/or any other tool)
> fetches a single resource, which in turn triggers some cascade of background
> actions that fetch necessary subresources.

I'm talking about the use cases that .zip files satisfy, not that.  I
don't know why separating these is a problem.

I'm talking about having my NPM module as a single unit (without the
usual minification+concatenation mess we see for JS modules today), or
I want to email a web page to someone, that sort of thing.