Re: Proposed new test for Navigation Timing: Monolitic Clock

On 11/30/12 1:32 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> Firefox fails on it: the difference between domainLookupStart and
> fetchStart is negative.

I haven't been able to reproduce this so far, but I'll look into this.

> I'd appreciate if someone can look at the test and confirm that it is
> correct.

I don't think you can assert that domLoading >= responseEnd as this test
does.  In fact, in the common case domLoading will be < responseEnd, I
would think.  Did you mean to test domInteractive >= responseEnd perhaps?

> I updated the implementation report to include the idlharness.js
> results:
>   http://www.w3.org/2012/04/navigation_timing_cr_results.html

Thanks!  That test is testing for various aspects of Window which are
not strictly relevant to this spec.  It should probably not do that...
On the other hand, it tests for secureConnectionStart, which is good:
nothing else in the test suite does.  ;)