Re: Proposed new test for Navigation Timing: Monolitic Clock

From: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 21:03:59 +0100 (CET)
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
cc: public-web-perf@w3.org
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 11/30/12 1:32 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>> I updated the implementation report to include the idlharness.js
>> results:
>>   http://www.w3.org/2012/04/navigation_timing_cr_results.html
>
> Thanks!  That test is testing for various aspects of Window which are not
> strictly relevant to this spec.  It should probably not do that... On the
> other hand, it tests for secureConnectionStart, which is good: nothing else
> in the test suite does.  ;)

Yes, idlharness.js based tests will always test for various aspects of
WebIDL and the window object and stuff. That's a deliberate (and
unavoidable) consequence of the design.

If failures are being caused by behaviour unrelated to Navigation Timing
itself, those failures should not block Rec. track progress.