[NavigationTiming] Redirect test cases

From: Nic Jansma <Nic.Jansma@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 18:43:45 +0000
To: "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

We've submitted two new test cases for NavigationTiming.  These tests look at the behavior of redirectCount, redirectStart and redirectEnd for navigations that contain a server-side redirect (via an IFRAME).

This test looks at same-origin redirected navigations:
http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/submission/Microsoft/NavigationTiming/test_timing_server_redirect.htm

This test looks at cross-origin redirected navigations:
http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/submission/Microsoft/NavigationTiming/test_timing_xserver_redirect.htm

Both tests utilize a redirect.php, which is a modified version from the XMLHttpRequest/resources/ directory.  We figured it would be better to include a version in our own resources/ directory than depend on a non-shared resources directory under webapps/.

The tests need to be started from w3c-test.org for the cross-origin navigation case, as it redirects initially to www.w3c-test.org<http://www.w3c-test.org>.  Is there a good way to enforce this requirement?

We just submitted these today so we are asking for feedback over the next week to be able to be discussed at the 4/6 conference call.

Thanks,

- Nic