Re: Means for allowing triggering of all registered handlers

Hi,

On 8/23/2012 9:20 PM, Paul Kinlan wrote:

> We have always tried to stay away from this, of seemed like a ux
> nightmare and at the time only suited to applications that share
> content. (If you have other use cases please let us know)

If you mean because of the excessive amount of data which could come
through or because the user did not actually want all services shared, I
would think browsers could allow management, even with per site
preferences, by some drag-and-drop or select boxes, so they could
specify services which could be excluded. The UA might even have a
dialog which appeared every time the services were requested (with the
ability to click a checkbox to turn it off), asking for the services to
utilize within a given browser session. I think user experience will
depend on the site; it could be used to implement the like of POP
accounts, I think that is pretty powerful.

> The way we would suggest solving it is for apps like Hootsuite etc to
> manage this as they already broadcast to multiple networks.

While this might work for some cases, I'm afraid it adds a bit of a
barrier to entry and ties us more to 3rd parties rather than giving us
direct access to our own data.

Thanks!
Brett