2.1.1 Keyboard

From: Andi Snow-Weaver <andisnow@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:21:12 -0500
To: public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org

Please see Proposal #3 for 2.1.1 Keyboard [1].

I'm hoping this gets us past our logjam on "keyboard interface". The SC
doesn't actually say the keyboard interface has to be supported directly by
the software. It just says the functionality has to be operable via the
keyboard interface.

As long as platform software device independent services layer has
sufficient support such that when a keyboard is attached, AT software can
utilize the services to operate an application via the keyboard, then
applications that support operation via the device independent services can
in fact be operated via a "keyboard interface". The note is intended to
clarify this scenario.

[1]
https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/2-operable/21-make-all-functionality-available-from-a-keyboard/211-keyboard

Andi