From: public-wcag-teamb-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-wcag-teamb-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:29 PM
To: public-wcag-teamb@w3.org
Subject: [TECHS] Draft of combined Abbreviation and Acronym HTML Technique

At the last team b meeting I took an action item to combine the abbr and
acronym HTML techniques into one.  A draft is attached.  I added
information about acronyms and initialisms and suggested using the acronym
elements for these items in HTML 4.01, XHTML 1.0 and XHTML 1.1.  I also
added user agent information about IE, JAWS, WindowEyes and Home Page
Reader.  I did not include information about Mozilla, Firefox, and Opera
since they do support these elements.  I'm not sure if we should include
information about JAWS, WindowEyes and Home Page Reader since they also
properly support both acronym and abbr.

Becky Gibson
Web Accessibility Architect

IBM Emerging Internet Technologies