Re: [updated] EvalTF agenda

Regrets for today.  I do have some comments, though I didn't have a lot of
time to devote to the review of the two sections mentioned last night.

Step 3.f: The phrase 'web pages that are completely identical' seems
strange to me when talking about redundancy.  It is highly doubtful that
this would ever occur so I'm not sure why that is called out. There might
be templates that are used to add text content or images to, but the entire
web page won't be completely identical (the informational content is
different) but the programmatic/HTML part of the content is identical.

Step 4.a: I agree that the paragraph about personas, user testing, etc.
should be removed as it is out of scope for WCAG 2.0 testing. It is great
to do, but I think we need to stick with the more direct methods of testing
for this document since this isn't absolutely required for conformance.

I agree with the part of the comment 66 where Loic says:
      "I would like to have guidance outlining a process such as:
       a) Look for failures (as published)
       b) If no failures are found, check if any SC fails

There is a danger in listing focused testing that something important will
be left out. To me, there are also visual aspects that are important in
assessment - something that affects a very large proportion of users (10%)
and that isn't called out in this list.

The templates note also causes me some issues. While I agree that you don't
want to test a template alone, you do want include in your sampling of web
pages on that have utilized a template as this could reveal issues with the
template.

Best regards,

Mary Jo Mueller
IBM Research ► Human Ability & Accessibility Center
11501 Burnet Road, Bldg. 904 Office 5D017, Austin, Texas 78758
512-286-9698 T/L 363-9698
maryjom@us.ibm.com

www.ibm.com/able and w3.ibm.com/able
IBM Accessibility on Facebook ▼ IBMAccess on Twitter ▼ IBM Accessibility on
LinkedIn
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and
become more, you are a leader.”  ~ John Quincy Adams