Re: Accessibility evaluation methodology

From: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 13:57:45 +0200
To: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
CC: Léonie Watson <lwatson@nomensa.com>, RDWG <public-wai-rd@w3.org>, Eval TF <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>
Hi Josue,

On 21.10.2011 13:49, Joshue O Connor wrote:
> Hi Shadi,
>
>> The initial objective was to collect publicly documented evaluation
>> methodologies that we can learn from for the development of a WCAG2
>> methodology. I'm not sure how such generic information supports this
>> purpose. What precisely do you suggest adding to the wiki?
>
> I am talking just about expert evaluation in general, and wondering out
> loud if such things are so readily defined for the web? I see a lot of
> this stuff as 'work in progress'. In general, as I am sure you know,
> expert evaluation comes out of the usability domain (and before that the
> general ergonomics) and I guess there are variations on it based on
> pre-existing heuristics.

I do not think the maturity of a methodology is the issue but I think it
should be publicly documented so that we can learn from it. I also agree
we should be open to and learn from different approaches.

> Anyway for example, regarding the Web there is the 'Unified Web
> Evaluation Methodology' (i'm not sure if it is on the wiki yet, but if
> not this would be a good addition). [1]

Feel free to beat me to it, as a participant of RDWG you have full
access to the wiki... ;)

Best,
   Shadi