Re: Accessibility evaluation methodology

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:49:39 +0100
To: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
CC: Léonie Watson <lwatson@nomensa.com>, RDWG <public-wai-rd@w3.org>, Eval TF <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>
Hi Shadi,

> The initial objective was to collect publicly documented evaluation
> methodologies that we can learn from for the development of a WCAG2
> methodology. I'm not sure how such generic information supports this
> purpose. What precisely do you suggest adding to the wiki?

I am talking just about expert evaluation in general, and wondering out
loud if such things are so readily defined for the web? I see a lot of
this stuff as 'work in progress'. In general, as I am sure you know,
expert evaluation comes out of the usability domain (and before that the
general ergonomics) and I guess there are variations on it based on
pre-existing heuristics.

Anyway for example, regarding the Web there is the 'Unified Web
Evaluation Methodology' (i'm not sure if it is on the wiki yet, but if
not this would be a good addition). [1]

HTH

Josh

[1] http://www.wabcluster.org/uwem1_2/UWEM_1_2_CORE.pdf